
It's apple time again, and who doesn't love a good homemade apple pie?
Last weekend we went to Poverty Lane and picked far too many apples, and I discovered the secret to getting an apple pie in my oven with zero effort: The Apple Peeler Corer Slicer. Yes, ladies, this fantastic invention makes pie making a breeze. Why? Well, what person can resist using a toy that doubles as a tool... that's right, no one. Especially Tom. Thanks to this kitchen device, I sat at the table with my sister and sipped coffee while Tom whipped up two beautiful and tasty pies. So if you're craving a pie and don't want to make one, I strongly suggest buying your partner this toy. I guarantee it'll be an apple-tastic afternoon in your kitchen if you do.
Here's the recipe that we're using for crust these days. It's flaky and buttery-- pretty yummy, but I'm open to other recipes if you gals have some!
Pie Crust
2 1/2 c flour
2 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
8 Tbsp shortening, chilled, and cut into 1/2" pieces
12 Tbsp butter, cut into 1/2" pieces
6-8 Tbsp ice cold water
Process flour, sugar, and salt in a food processor. Scatter shortening in and process ~10s until the texture of rough sand. Scatter butter in and process ~10 pulses, until the mixture looks like coarse crumbles. Add 6 Tbsp water and stir the mixture by hand with a spatula, just until mixed. Add more water by 1 Tbsp increments until mixture is able to be patted together well. Divide dough into 2, pat into circular patties, cover in saran and chill for at least 1 hour before rolling out.
Sunday, October 18, 2009
How to get your honey to make an apple pie: The 3-in-1 Apple Peeler Corer Slicer
Posted by Aguacate Lover at 3:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 Comment:
ohhh! they're so pretty!!!
Post a Comment